Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Natural process!!!!

Okay so i've been natural for about 6 months, and i am loving it, but being natural is not as natural as i would like it to be and nobody ever told me about the part when my hair gets all dried and tough like a pumice stone....I need some suggestions or something on how to handle this hair in the cold.or just period...I mean it feels like a wool sponge or something, snapping and popping when i run my fingers thru my hair, getting knotty...I feel like almost going back to that CRACK CREAM...but i'm going to hold off....Can some help me!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you dont have enough moisture. With it being the winter it can be hard to find moisture without wetting your hair and getting sick in the morning. What is your current moisturizer? If you dont have a good moisturizer, try to find one with the number one ingredient of water. Since I live in Texas, its not REALLY cold,I just use water, olive oil, and gylcerin as a mixture. It works great but for areas that do have a true winter season I heard that it can be drying. Maybe try the Shea Moisture Curl Definer as a moisturizer and use your favorite oil to seal that moisture in. You shouldnt have that issue any more. If you are doing co-washes. Stop for about a week. Just to make sure that isnt drying it out, also. I was co-washing with Carol's daughter and it was drying. Actually, I found that the whole line was drying for me. Now, I just co-wash when I used a lot of gel or something (which isnt often). I have been where you were. It's all about finding what works for you! I hope that helps. Just email me if you have any more questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks girly for the info i actually just want to see how can i keep it up in between going to the salon....so we'll see thanks for the input...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could find a salon. Right now, I am searching for one that can do natural hair. I had one stylist tell me that she might can do my hair. I may be checking out a Dominican shop. That is what someone in Target referred for me. Fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl i'm going to have to post a couple of pics in a few minutes so you can see why i have to keep going to a salon...lol

    ReplyDelete